We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Monday, March 2, 2009

The Treasure Carrier

My husband drove a school bus regularly for over eight years. He still drives as a substitute. During his early years of driving someone presented him with the following poem. I would like to share it with each of you.

The Treasure Carrier
by Riney Jordan

"What is it that you do?" I asked the man,
As we sat together that day.
You could tell from the way that his face lit up,
That he was going to enjoy what he had to say.

"I transport treasures," he said with a smile.
"Their value you cannot measure.
Once in the morning, once in the eve,
I transport this priceless treasure."

"My goodness, how important,"
I said as I turned to him.
"You must be quite a person,
To be entrusted with such a gem."

"From one safe spot to another I carry
My cargo day after day,
And you should see what joy it brings,
As I carry them on their way."

"Each treasure's unique, no two alike,
Each radiant in some special way.
Some stand out, some more subdued,
But each needing some care today."

"My treasures are different colors,
No two are alike you see.
Some are large, some are small,
Each one a mystery."

"How many guards do you carry along,
As you go from place to place?
Do you carry a gun to protect these jewels?"
I asked as I studied his face.

"His eyes narrowed, a serious look
I noticed as he replied.
"I don't carry a gun, there's not a guard.
Thank God, no one has tried."

"I can't imagine the pressure."
I responded with a voice of surprise.
"You must be quite a person
To be entrusted with such a prize."

I take it very seriously,
It's too important you see.
There are so many people out there
Who are really depending on me."

By now I couldn't imagine
A more important task
"Is it gold? Is it silver?"
I just had to ask.

"None of those," he said with a smile.
"It's boys and girls for me.
They are the treasures I transport.
America's future, you see."

"I have a most important job,
Important to each of us,
For I'm proud to say, with a world of pride,
I drive a yellow school bus."


My husband has never shown shyness, timidity, fear, or anxiety, when it comes to talking about his Saviour. He spoke to his school bus 'children' daily about the Lord. Several months ago he went into a local auto parts store for one thing or another. The young man who checked him out asked my husband if he used to be his bus driver. My husband did not recognize the young man (since he had been in kindergarten/first grade when he used to take him home). After my husband said yes that he used to indeed be his bus driver, the transaction continued. As my husband was leaving the the store the young man called to my husband and said "Hey, thanks for telling me about the Lord." My husband returned to our vehicle with tears in his eyes remembering all those children he shared Christ with and knowing that it was never in vain. Someone had listened! He misses his school bus children. It was a way for him to tell many about the Lord. Don't be a fool and let the wicked one tell you that the little ones 'don't matter'. On the contrary they could just actually be the most important!

1 comment:

TO BECOME said...

Wonderful!!!! That is what life is all about. I am so thankful for that person who told me about the Lord in fact many people and I am thankful for them all. connie