We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fe (Iron)

Whoopie!!! Yippie!!!! and Gimminie Crickets!!!

I got lab results yesterday and the numbers are amazing.
Last labs my Iron was at 16 and my % Saturation was at 3.
Yesterday my labs showed Iron at 78 and 25.3 % saturation.
That is an awesome increase of 62 points on the iron and just over 22 points on the % saturation.
The iron IVs and 10 iron pills a day are doing their job.

Why is it that when my prayers are answered the way I want them to be, I stand in awe?

I have not felt 'normal' since I had Isaiah which is over two years ago. The past six months have been terrible. I barely had the energy to get out of bed before 10am and maybe wash and dry a load of clothes before I was back in the bed again. I was actually asleep more than I was ever awake but yet always tired and never rested. I thought I was suffering through depression, then I thought I was going crazy. Finally I got answers..and there really was a legitimate medical problem. I am not happy to have the problem but I am happy to know why I was feeling so bad and to know that it can be taken care of.

I am feeling much better in recent weeks. I have been able to do more than I have been in years. I am still week due to the extended time of inactivity but have confidence that will change in time. I am not FREEZING all the time (although I am still cold) and my skin has a good color to it, not pale and sickly.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time out of their lives to pray for me. I still have a long row to hoe but the ground has been tilled.

I see the kidney doctor on Tuesday and we will discuss what to do about the heart problem. Mitral valve prolapse is a condition associated with PKD. My endometrial ablation is scheduled for Thursday April 16th. I do not feel that this is an elective procedure, in my case if the procedure is not done I will definitely have worse problems on my hands. I am not having it done because I 'want' to but because I 'have' to.

Thank you for you continued prayers and support.

2 comments:

Grammie Kim said...

Awesome news, Amy. I am anxiously awaiting the outcome of the heart issue.

TO BECOME said...

God is so good! He answers prayers!!! He will answer the others also. His WAY is always the best way. connie