We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

PKD Update

Today was my visit to the renal doctor. I guess things went pretty much as expected. When I arrived my b/p was 180/100 after a 'calming' session it came down to 169/97 a bit better but not much. The doctor took me off one of my b/p meds and replaced it with a new one. I am scheduled for a complete ultrasound Tuesday at 8:30. I was also sent for more lab work: basic, albumin, calcium, phosphorus, uric acid, cbc w/diff, retic count, tsh, iron, iron binding, vit D levels, ferritin, and % sat. She also put me on iron 325mg three times daily. I have to make an appointment with the cardiologist as well to schedule an echo cardiogram. She seems to think the pain if from the liver and not the kidneys. She did tell me my kidneys are functioning at 56%.
Please pray that my b/p will stabilize as high b/p is extra hard on the kidneys.

2 comments:

Joyful Mother said...

I have been reading your blog for a couple of weeks and I don't know if I have commented yet. I am a 42 year old PKD patient and for 3 weeks now, a PD dialysis patient. I kind of know what you are going through and wanted to say hello and hopefully encourage you.

beckyperry.us

Anonymous said...

MY DEAR FRIEND, I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU. I LOVE YOU DEARLY AND WANTED YOU TO KNOW THIS.