We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Grannies

Today would have been my granny's birthday. I have such fond memories of her.
Born Zella Mae Lowery and becoming Zella Mae Peters after she married my pap paw.
She is my dad's mother. She had six living children and around four that did not survive. She named them all with "J's" Jerry, Judy, Janet, Jackie, James, and JoAnn. Jackie is my dad. My parents divorced when I was under 2 so I spent a great deal of time with my paternal grandparents. As I got a bit older she gave me jobs to do. One of those jobs was to wash dishes. If I did it well pap paw would buy me Fruit Loops from the grocery. (They are still my favorite) She held on to my parents divorce papers and I now have them. (She thought ahead that I might some day like to have them) We sang the old hymns together (the same ones I still enjoy today) She always drank Tab or Diet Rite. ( She was severely diabetic, which is what took her) I don't know if my granny was saved or not. I can only hope that I will see her in heaven. For some odd reason I don't think I have much family waiting is that Blessed Land but if I do I would love to see her again. She died a short time before we went home to visit, November 10,1998. We went home for Thanksgiving that year. She was looking forward to our coming. Some of her last words were "my girl's a comin". She was talking about me. Ohhh how we miss those that have gone. Today is that day for me. I loved my Granny!!!

1 comment:

Grammie Kim said...

What sweet memories. Hope I can be the kind of granny you had...the kind that the children will miss, and wanting to see me in Glory.