We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankfulness

Thanks: Expression of gratitude; an acknowledgement made to express a sense of favor or kindness received.
Thankful: Grateful; impresses with a sense of kindness received, and ready to acknowledge it.
Thanksgiver: One who gives thanks or acknowledges a kindness.
Thanksgiving: Rendering thanks for good received.

A s we approach the Thanksgiving holiday let us remember all the blessings in our lives. All the the good that we are undeserving of yet have we received. Personally I have had a most trying year in many ways. However looking back I now know that there is a purpose for my heartache. I am happier at this point in my life than I have been for several years. It is sad to say that I allowed people and circumstances to control my thoughts, actions, and ultimately my everyday live. I have not been the person that I know to be. But PRAISE BE TO GOD that I gave all my burdens to The One Who Cares-GOD!! I have a peace in my heart today that is not of me but that of my Savior.

I am thankful for a great many things. Hear are just a few:
Salvation (Free to all those that ask)
God's Holy Word (King James Bible)
My Church (Faith Baptist in Freeport Texas)
My Pastor (Bro. James McEntire)
Husband of almost 16 years and friend for almost 20 (Jesse)
My children (Jaime, Nicholas, Christian, Victoria, Isaiah)
God's Faithfulness
Answered Prayers
God's constant provision
My Mom (Pamela Peters)
This country
The vacation my family took in May
Our van
Good neighbors (John & Tasha, Mrs. Doris, Mrs. Thomas, Tyrone as well as others)
Renewed friendships
For the chance to see my family in Kentucky
My nephews and my neice that is on her way
Coupons
Thrift stores
Cheaper gas prices
My husband's job
Blogs
Forgiveness and those willing to extend it
Unexpected blessings


But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 15:57
Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. 2 Cor 9:15

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksginving!! Have a GREAAAAET day!
Lydia~

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am so glad to meet you. My first time here I am spending time getting to know you...m..