We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bargain Shopping

OK... so a fellow blogger www.rebekahdawn.wordpress.com was recently talking about how much money she saved with coupons, store specials, rebates, etc. I am always up for a good deal so I requested more info. This led me to www.moneysavingmom.com After reading her thoughts and input I decided to give it a try. Yesterday I went to our local library and went through their free coupon exchange box. Today was the big trial day. I did not buy any extras (Sonic, Hospice, Bucee's etc) the only purpose for today was to see if there were really some good deals to be had. First stop Wal-Mart (first picture). My total was $22.07 after cashing in my coupons my total came down to.......$2.32.
Next stop Target (second picture). My total was $24.94 after cashing
in my coupons my total came down to......$3.04. So, my grand total went
from $47.01 down to $5.36. That made me as happy as going to our local
thrift store where I probably would have spent more. I had a lot of fun doing this and will probably do it again sometime. With today's economy I am up for saving all we can. We would not normally buy the kind of cereal seen here but.....it was free so why not.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for deals! You did great :O)

Mo said...

wow
good job Amy

kim said...

great job! whenever i see this on people's blogs, i want to do it so bad...but it just seems like it would be so hard.