We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

2010 Bring it on!!!!!

2009 brought some tremendously good changes to our lives and we are soo excited to see what happens this next year.

Nicholas left for Winter Camp @ 7 this morning. (Pineywoods Baptist Camp) He will be home on Saturday afternoon. We will be ringing in the new year at our Pastor's home with a group of dear friends.

This past year started off like soo many before it; gloomy, suppressed, and almost hopeless. Ever been stuck in a rut? That is how it felt. But...I should have known better just when we were on the brink the Lord led us away from our oppressors.

How, you might ask, can you love people who treated you so terribly. At some point early on, 13 years ago they loved us too. After all, they presented us with the gospel. But somewhere, through time, that love was overtaken by pride. The devil is strong and in this case he won (with them). Ultimately God always wins.

Was is painful? Yes, very.
Was it worth it? God knew His plans. He knows why we were used and manipulated. It is/was all in His plan for us.

I still love the people from our old church and pray that one day they will realize where they are wrong. I am thankful for the firm truths that I learned under that ministry but am now having to start back at square one to discern what is scripture and what was laws/rules instituted by a man.

Wow what a difference a year can make.

So let's get on with it! The devil will not win in my 2010!!!

6 comments:

His Wife and Their Mommy said...

I'm happy for you.

Anonymous said...

I AM NOT AFRAID NO MORE!!! AND I AM SO GLAD THAT SOMEONE IS FINALLY SAYING WHAT SO MANY OF US HAVE FELT AND WANTED TO SAY FOR YEARS AND YEARS!!! IT IS VERY REFRESHING TO FINALLY HEAR THIS VOICED!!! IT IS AMAZING TO KNOW THAT OUR GOD IS SUCH A MERCIFUL GOD AND HE LOVES US INSPITE OF ALL THE WRONG WE HAVE DONE, DO, AND WILL DO FOREVER MORE! I TOO LOVE THE SAME PEOPLE AND HOPEFULLY WILL SPEND ETERNITY WITH THEM:) JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE THINKS WHAT THEY DO IS "good" ...I DUNNO....MAYBE THEIR THINKER IS BROKE! LET'S PRAY FOR GOD TO FIX IT, HE IS OUR ONLY HOPE!!!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It's not about being afraid! I would shout it from the roof top if I could! My reasoning behind my anonymity is to not give them any more amunition. They are obviously not interested in mending any relationships. I have been "out" for a while and PRAISE THE LORD!!! I would have never been able to convince you or anyone of all the wrongness associated with Faith Baptist Church. That is something that you have to figure out on your own and it's unfortunate it took so long but God has a reason for everything. Pride is a evil thing and it will destroy you like any other sin. God looks at my sins just as He looks at theirs... FILTHY!!!! I am so thankful that I do not have to answer to them! I answer to the Almighty Father that loves me so much that He forgives me AND forgets as far as the east is from the west!! We serve an awesome God and I am so undeserving of this forgiveness but I get it anyway! Even through all the hurt and pain that I went through, I can now look back on my time at Faith and be thankful, because that is where I was saved and grounded in the word. The only one infallible is God! I do not intend on dwelling on the hurt and pain I believe that will not please God. I take my experience and try to grow from it! I know your wounds are probably still healing and raw, but soon they will just be scars and you will hardly even notice them. I look forward to continue reading your blogs and I will probably post from time to time. I am so happy for you and your beautiful family. It seems like you have an exciting new start! Live it, love it, learn from it!
Your Sister in Christ!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for all these confused people. I pray for their strength to break away and be free. I am not a member of the Baptist Church but the Bible has all the answers for anyone who chooses to read and follow it. For by Faith are we saved through Grace There are many mysteries and this is where our faith comes in. I am sure to many people the Holy Trinity is a mystery but again read believe and have faith









dg