We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Food


Ok, so we are getting ready for the graduation of our oldest son.
The party is scheduled for April 24th. We are serving brisket, rice, beans, Jesse's hot sauce with chips, cake and sweet iced tea. We have had our menu planned for a very long time. HEB finally put their briskets on special. I am glad we waited even though it felt like we might be waiting to long. I figured they would go on sale with Easter coming up and...they did. You buy the brisket and you get: one of each of the following items free.
I spoke with the manager to make sure there was no limit and she assured me that there was not. So I bought 9 briskets and got 81 free items. We will eventually use everything that I got free and some of it will actually go toward the graduation meal. We are almost finished shopping now. I must still buy the sugar but I don't know if there is enough sugar in Brazoria County to make the tea sweet enough:-)




4 comments:

Grammie Kim said...

Now THAT was a sweet deal. Happy for you!

Mo said...

remember, I'll drink water, that'll save you some sugar.

Grammie Kim said...

You need to tell me what you do with the brisket. Mo has my e-mail address...Brisket isn't very cheap here, but once in a while...!

Amy said...

Kim,
These Briskets are actually already cooked and sliced. They are pricey but we planned the expence in order to help the day go smoother. We have eaten them before and they are very good.