We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Finally

For the past year and a half or so only the two small burners on our stove have worked.
This past November our microwave went out.
We replaced the two nonworking burners and their components and they burnt up.
We needed a new stove. I could have bought a new stove long ago but wanted to wait until I could get the one I wanted. That was yesterday! We were also able to get a new microwave.





Old Stove & microwave

No stove or microwave


New stove & microwave
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Grammie Kim said...

Sooooo exciting. Now for the tedious task of making sure no one messes it up...it is always so traumatic to have the first big spill. I am so adamant about people keeping my microwave clean. If they are warming food (this usually only applies to teens), they cover it, or clean it! No two ways about it...and if I find some splatterage, I WILL uncover the culprit -- and my microwave isn't even new! enjoy your treasures. It is so worth the wait. Oh, and I don't know HOW ON EARTH you survived for 2 years with only 2 burners, big OR small.

Amy said...

Kim,
Just know that we have not cooked Thanksgiving at home for the past two years nor have we be able to make tamales. However, with this new stove and the help of your daughter, Heather, tamales are in our furture.

Grammie Kim said...

MMMMMMMM! Do you know how long it has been since I had tamales? I doubt I have ever had them homemade. Does Heather like them? Or just wants to be in charge of making them? hee hee She always took charge of my kitchen.

Amy said...

Kim,
Heather mentioned that she would like to know how to make tamales. So I told her when I got my new stove we would make a date to make them. When we make them it is usually around Christmas and we just pass them out to those we love. The last time we made around 100 dozen.