We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Busy Week



WOW!!! What a week. No terrible news just busy. Monday my 14 year old son, Nicholas, had an appointment with his nephrologist at Texas Children's. Blood pressures are running quite high. We are waiting for a 24 hour blood pressure monitor as well as an echo cardiogram. My 8 year old daughter had her appointment on Wednesday did basic blood work and urine. No results as of yet. Today was my turn. Due to no health insurance I go to Galveston UTMB for any kind of specialty care. Today I saw my nephrologist. BP's slightly high (already take meds for that) gained 2 pounds since last visit and had a rather elevated white blood cell count. Several possible reasons for that, but for now we have scheduled an upper quadrant ultrasound that will look at the kidneys, liver, gallbladder, spleen, etc. Then return to Dr. in June. So no one got bad news just things to wait on. Next week on Tuesday our baby, Isaiah, goes for his 18 month check up. He will probably get a round of vaccinations but hopefully the crankiness will be over by Friday which is our semi-annual church camping trip. I have slacked this week so tomorrow I will catch up on all my school grading for the week. I hate it when I fall behind. It is so much easier to do daily but sometimes things get in the way.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Slacking off happens when things get busy. I sure know about that!

Are these tests routine?

~Kristi

Amy said...

Yeah, w/the PKD routine tests are performed regularly to check kidney function and a few other things. Thanks for asking.

-Amy

TO BECOME said...

I am glad their were no bad reports. God keep you all. connie