We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Friday, October 21, 2011

Neglect

To my faithful  billion followers I must offer my humble apologies.  It has been far to long since I last updated.  I will offer my petty excuses here.  This may sound like a pity party and.....maybe it is.  But, we are are entitled now and again:~))

The past 7-8 weeks have been a basic blur.  Going back to the end of August when my father-in-law suffered a terrible fall and a diabetic coma.  After several days in ICU it was determined that the above mentioned things were caused by neglect.  Not enough food, uncleanly ....and so on.  It was at the discharging from the hospital that my husband and I made the decision to move both my father-in-law and mother-in-law into our home.  We live in a modest three bedroom two bath home.  We have three boys in one bedroom, our daughter has her room and then my husband and I have a room with a bath.  We gave my in laws our room with easy access to a restroom.  This all means that my husband and I have been camped out on the living room floor since the end of August.  We both have bad backs it is really starting to talk a toll. But.......God gives strenght to move forward :~))

Yes, my husband has other siblings......No they have offered no help.
We now have a lady that comes three days a weeks for baths, two separate therapists (who are both amazing) that each come twice a week and a nurse that comes weekly.  I have got them both fitted for diabetic shoes, both have had eye examinations, both have had their feet taken care of by a foot doctor, and I was able to get them a local doctor.  (That in itself means that I no longer have to drive 45 minutes to take them to doctor visits, of which they have many.)

My in-laws are not able to be left alone which has been really hard.
My husband teaches Sunday School and preaches every Sunday morning, so he goes to church in the morning.  I get to go the church on Sunday nights and every other Wednesday night.  In laws are getting stronger and are actually able to go to church on an occasion now.

We also had family in from Mexico.  So at one point we had 11 people sleeping in our humble home.
It went like this:
Me and hubby = our daughter's bed
Mom & Dad = our bed
Nick = Nick's bed
Christian = Christian's bed
Isaiah = Isaiah's bed
Victoria = mattress is boys room
Aunt Lucy & Aunt Paulina = sofa bed
Cousin Carlos = mattress in living room


Oh!!  Did I mention that my right hand got cut off???
Yep, Nick had to go and get a full time job just about the time the in laws came.
You learn to adjust.

The children seem to be adjusting well with the exception of one.  This is hard.  We do not want bitterness or resentment to grow.  We want our children to know that it is our responsibility to care for our parents as long as we can.  There have been many people that do not agree with this decision and feel we should just put them in a nursing home and go on.  Well......we just can't:~))  Not yet anyway.  I'm not saying that this might not occur in the future but for now things will remain the same.

All of this has taken a toll on my health, and I have been battling a bad kidney infection for going on three weeks now. I'm on my third round of antibiotics.  But.....God gives grace.

Christian can't have his knee operated on until he stops growing which the Dr says is an estimated two more years.  Praying the pain remains manageable.

My oldest son turned 21!!!  My youngest son has his first loose tooth:~))

My husband has a job and we have NEVER gone to bed hungry.  God is awesome!!!!

Even when things seem to be bleak.....God reigns!!!

Speaking of rain, we finally got some:~))  And a nice cool front too.  Expecting a stronger one Thursday which means more days with no a/c on  = lower electric bills.  God.....provides.

This has been our best school year in probably three years.  I am so glad I waited to start Isaiah.  With only two in school this year the load has been lighter and much smoother. God.... is faithful.

Jesse is having back problems again.  I can worry about the maybes but......it will not help.

I have had many spiritual victories lately for which I give God the glory.

Got to see the premier of Courageous.  WATCH THE MOVIE!!!

Taking my son and daughter to lunch tomorrow for his birthday :~))

Ok, that pretty much sums it all up.  I left out a few things..........but enough already.

God is my strength.  I am going to heaven when all is said and done.  I have much more here and now than I will ever deserve.

No comments: