We will all live forever....in Heaven or Hell

Friday, March 19, 2010

PKD Update

Yesterday was my nephrology appointment. Not an encouraging visit.
My blood pressure was way to high for safety. More than likely a result of the pain I have been in for the past two weeks. I have some imaging exams scheduled for Monday.

I got script for pain medication and hopefully that along with my regular blood pressure meds will control the high blood pressure for a while. It seems like a vicious cycle; PKD=high blood pressure, high blood pressure=decreased kidney function; PKD= pain from cysts, pain=high blood pressure.....get the picture?

Still praying for a cure...........................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better be going to HOUSTON for a second opinion before you let them lift a kidney. Maybe even a third opinion. As long as it is working a little bit it's better than nothing. Besides lifting a kidney is major major surgery.



dg

Richie Perl said...

Hang in there,Amy!

If it should come to a nephrectomy, are you considering laparoscopic surgery?

Amy said...

Doris,
Don't you worry if it comes down to it I will get a third and fourth opinion before I just give up a kidney.

Richie,
At this point I haven't really thought about it much. Just started the testing process today with an ultrasound next step I am told will be a CT.